Etsy is being flooded with indie polish, handmade polish made by individuals. Most of the polish collections are designed around a certain theme, and are free of the most harmful chemicals. I haven’t tried any of these indie polish collections myself (I am not good about nail polish, it’s a little embarrassing). But these are some lines that I’ve lusted over.
1. Philly Loves Lacquer – For the Philadelphia geek. The collection is based around the City of Brotherly love. The colors and their names are based around landmarks in the city, parks, and pop culture. Before it sold out, there was a Rocky and Adrian duo. I love the idea of having a line based around a city. Can someone please do an Indianapolis collection? We could have Brickyard Red, Limestone, and Canal Blue.
2. LynBDesigns – This girl’s collection is HUGE. She has several fandoms covered, including some less common ones. She has your popular collections like Doctor Who and Sherlock, but she also has The Land Before Time and Doctor Seuss. It’s these more unique collections that make me love this shop. I mean, there’s a million TARDIS blues out there, but there aren’t that many Little Foot greys.
3. Spectrum Cosmetics – Spectrum Cosmetics isn’t just an indie polish shop. They’re an entire indie cosmetics shop. They have several geeky lines, but the one I love the most is the Sleepy Hollow collection. Partially because they have solid, non glittery, non hollo, colors. I’m not a glittery girl, so having some basic options is a big plus for me.
4. Different Dimension – Another collection with fun, unique collections. There’s a Silence of the Lambs collection, a Pink Floyd collection, and what I can only guess is a “Hits of the 2000s” collection. It has DaBaDee (as in I’m Blue DaBaDee) and Drops of Jupiter. I love nostalgia so these collections make me smile.
5. Digital Nails – This is your more typical geek indie polish shop. Doctor Who, Firefly, Harry Potter, they’re all covered here. It’s a solid line for all your fandoms.