Like every other American, I woke up this morning with no need to check the calendar. I knew what today was and what it meant. Our world will never be the same. 12 years ago, we turned a corner and there’s no going back. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t any good in the world. And today, I am thankful.
- I’m thankful for all of my military friends who are out there every day making sure we’re safe.
- I’m thankful for all of those who stand up to evil and say “No. Not here. Not today.”
- I’m thankful that I live in a country where I have the freedom to write whatever I want here, without fear of the government.
- I’m thankful for the people on overpasses with their smiles and flags, who made my morning commute a little bit brighter. Honk Honk!
- I’m thankful for my friends and family and all those who surround me and the Geekling with love every day.
To quote a woman much wiser than I: In spite of everything, I still believe that people are truly good at heart.